Friday, July 8, 2011

At Midnight

At Midnight

It was another one of those cold winter days when there’s no one on the lot and there’s nothing to make me calm down. My mind keeps wandering to my desk’s drawer to where my painful secret lies, calling me to take it out what felt like 100 years.

I slowly walk into my office, my hands playing with the drawer’s lock when I reach my desk, as I nervously glance around the room. In the center of the room I notice someone for the first time, staring at me with sparkling eyes and a wicked smile.

“Ah, Jeffrey; so nice of you to join us” he said strangely calm.
“James, what are you doing here? I thought you already left” I worriedly said to my long term friend.
“We came back to take care of some unfinished business” said a long, slender woman in a red dress, throwing her pitch black hair over her shoulder.

“You can’t be here!” I yelled desperately.
“Oh, but we are” the woman said coolly.
“You know, a person can’t always trust his friends” James said. “You have to be more careful…”
The woman took a gun out of her pocket, carefully pointing it at me.

I closed my eyes out of fear, hoping to find myself waking up from a horrible dream, but all the sounds around me alerted me it was all real- cruel, cruel reality. I heard the old grandfather clock sound the hour, way down in the hallway; I counted its ‘dongs’.
“One…Two…Three…Four…Five…” I whispered, both of the other 2 people in the room staring at me until I said the word. “Midnight!”

Their faces turned pale as they stared at me, the sound of my voice saying midnight drifting into their ears; no matter what their plans, they wanted to run away but of course nothing ever goes according to plan.
“We’ll do this…another night” the woman hissed before turning around to get out of the room.
Her hand still rested on the trigger and accidents happen; the last thing I saw was their shocked faces, full of dread and fear.

I hope you enjoyed this. ^.^ I'm releasing a lot of intros today and am only continuing the most successful one. For more info visit its forum
Please leave comments on the forum (link above) or here.
You can find the storyboard version here

No comments:

Post a Comment